Understanding Stainless Steel – 1 day course
This course provides an overview of the types of stainless steel available, with emphasis on structure, properties and end uses.
Topics covered are:
- Use of Stainless Steel
- Stainless Steel Categories and Grades
- Stainless Steel Metallurgy
- Stainless Steel Production
- Product Forms
- Mechanical Properties
- Corrosion Properties
- Suits designers, specifiers, sales people, buyers. It is also relevant to engineers, managers and technicians responsible for the QA testing of stainless steel products.
- Gives a comprehensive overview of the types of stainless steel available, wemphasis on markets, applications, structure, properties, forming and fabrication.
- An important aim is to provide up-to-date information to help with the selection of the most appropriate grade(s).
- Includes a comprehensive 150 page technical manual and full slide set.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand why stainless steel is different from non stainless steel and be familiar with the diverse product range and the market sectors supplied.
- Learn about the different types of stainless steel i.e. ferritic, martensitic, austenitic, duplex, PH and how they differ in terms of structure and composition.
- Learn about the mechanical and physical properties of each stainless steel type and how this influences end use.
- Be familiar with the corrosion mechanisms that can undermine stainless steel performance and the important metrics which define corrosion resistance.
- Understand the basic methods of forming, fabricating and joining stainless steel – know the pros and cons of welding each stainless steel type.
The cost is £180 (+VAT) for members and £220 (+VAT) for non-members. Refreshments and lunch are included.