Message from BEIS
It is with sadness that I write to you following the announcement of Her Majesty The Queen’s death earlier today. Our thoughts are of course with the Royal Family during this difficult time.
The Royal Household will be the primary source of information on mourning arrangements, and they will announce details on www.gov.uk
The Government is currently working with the Royal Household on how to commemorate the life of Her Majesty and you can expect further guidance in coming days.
Business across the UK will continue to operate normally but there are some considerations you may wish to make, including:
- providing an opportunity for your staff to offer their condolences, either by providing your own book of condolence or by directing them to the online book of condolence at the Royal website;
- identifying arrangements made by Local Authorities to lay floral or memorial tributes;
- signposting staff on how to donate to one of The Queen’s patronages, with information available on the Royal website;
- identifying whether your business location is likely to be impacted by arrangements made by Local Authorities, or events planned in central London, and planning your response;
- considering any changes you might wish to make to your website and social media activities; and
- where you have flags, lowering them to half mast.
The best source of information is www.gov.uk. Your Local Authority will also be updating their own websites on local arrangements, including any events they may organise which might impact on the locality of your business or local travel.