Invitation to participate in EPSRC scoping workshop for ‘Sustainable Industrial Futures’ – 7th February via Zoom
EPSRC would value your expertise and input during our scoping of a new large investment around ‘Sustainable Industrial Futures’, therefore we invite you to a virtual workshop on 7th February 2024 from 10am- 1pm to gather your views on this new funding opportunity that EPSRC will be launching in spring 2024, for investment to start the following year.
The funding opportunity:
This funding opportunity will aim to drive sustainable Industrial futures, where the high-emitting UK incumbent industries, that are vital to how we live and function as a society, shift to fully sustainable operations with net zero/negative greenhouse gas emissions, enabling thriving biodiversity, social cohesion, economic growth and resource and energy security.
It will enable:
- Industry to move their products, systems and processes towards clean alternatives
- Security of UK supply of feedstocks, materials, fuels, and the creation of value from waste through greater circularity of resource streams in the UK
- The creation of new businesses, supply chains and industries that exploit UK research strengths
- The ability to supply both UK needs and export products to the rest of the world.
Aims of the workshop:
The aim of the workshop is to gather community input to ensure that the funding opportunity will deliver against the aims and be of benefit to industry and society as a whole. We will explore questions such as:
- Is the articulated shape of the investment appropriate to meet the goals of moving this research forward?
- How do we create an inclusive investment that draws holistically on the diverse strengths of the community?
- Where should the balance be between near, medium and long-term impact?
- What research areas should this investment focus on?
- How can we best facilitate effective industrial co-creation of the research programme with clear routes to impact?
Details of the workshop:
When: 7th February 10am to 1pm
Where: Virtual via zoom
Please could you RSVP to email@example.com by Wednesday 31st 2024 if you are able to attend?