Join the BSSA
Benefits of Membership
All Members will have access to the following benefits:
- Discounted exhibition stands at the UK Metals Expo for BSSA members
- Priority access to a network of metallurgists and free technical advice from the BSSA through its online enquiry form, email or phone
- Referral service for incoming supply and fabrication enquiries.
- Weekly updates of all enquiries and leads received from non member companies.
- Member listing on BSSA’s website
- Member listing in BSSA’s online “find a supplier” guide
- Free or Reduced fees for BSSA online and face to face training courses, depending on level of membership.
- Free or Reduced fees for enrolments in BSSA’s Stainless Steel Specialist Course, depending upon level of membership.
- Discounted registration rates in all BSSA events, including its seminars, webinars and annual conference & dinner
- Lecture/speaker opportunities at Association and related functions (at BSSA’s invitation)
- Free potential editorial on the BSSA news section, our social media pages and in trade magazines, plus distribution to third-party publications
- Access to information and data supplied by World Stainless.
- Access to HR, Employment Law & Health and Safety support via the BSSA’s partner Croner www.croner.co.uk
The BSSA is a member based organisation with the purpose of promoting greater use of stainless steel in the UK and Ireland and has four principal areas of activity:
- Help and advice through the Stainless Steel Advisory Service and increasingly via our website, www.bssa.org.uk
- Training and Education, includes beginner half-day and advanced 1-day stainless steel courses and other specialist courses for the stainless steel industry. See our Training and Events pages on our website for more information. Bespoke courses are also available.
- Events, including business forums, webinars, seminars, conferences and social functions.
- Market Development:
- By working with our membership, government bodies and a wide range of industry organisations to focus on specific initiatives and project work addressing issues such as the increased use of stainless steel products in a sustainable circular economy. Markets such as green energy production and distribution, food and drink, pharmaceutical and chemicals, architecture, building and construction to name a few, are all important markets.
- Through our contributions (in conjunction with our members) to standards and guidance documents in ensuring stainless steel is a recognised and promoted material.
On behalf of its members the BSSA is an active member of:
The Metals Forum which comprises the leading metal related trade associations. The aim of the members of the MF is to gain greater recognition by government and other key institutions of the size and significance of the metals industry to the UK economy.
The Confederation of British Industry (CBI). Through our contacts with the CBI and the Department for Business & Trade, we are able to provide our members with key briefings on the evolution of Brexit as we start our negotiations for a new relationship with the EU.
The British Standards Institution (BSI) is the national standards body of the United Kingdom.
WorldStainless a global network for stainless steel professional and a wealth of data and information for BSSA members. BSSA Membership entitles members access to World Steel.
Becoming a Member:
Membership categories cover all sectors of the industry, and entry into the Association is determined on the nature and size of your business.
Member Benefits 2023 Fees
Additional BSSA Membership Benefits Table