Fully Funded Leadership Course for those with a Vocational Background working in the Foundation Industries
As part of the government’s strategy and commitment to clean growth and net zero carbon emissions by 2050, the £66 million Transforming Foundation Industries (TFI) Challenge brings together the metals, glass, paper, ceramics, cement and bulk chemical industries to address environmental impact and global competitiveness.
A comprehensive study carried out by the Enterprise Resource Centre (ERC), commissioned by TFI, has highlighted the scarcity of diversity within boardrooms as a barrier to fostering innovation. This study has proposed a key solution: a call for increased diversity within senior positions across the Foundation Industries.
As part of TFI’s commitment to the future prosperity of the Foundation Industries, we are offering 20 fully funded places as part of a 12-month pilot Leadership programme, with additional coaching, starting in Autumn 2023. We are looking to recruit enthusiastic individuals from across the Foundation Industries who have a vocational background (e.g. through an apprenticeship programme or entering work directly from school or college) and welcome applicants from varied age groups, ethnic minorities, and genders and sexes.
The learning objectives for this leadership development include:
- Understanding and overcoming imposter syndrome
- Building strong relationships that benefit everyone
- Mastering your time, energy and focus
- Knowing how to influence assertively
- Making informed decisions and solving complex problems
- Creating opportunities – for yourself and for others across the Foundation Industries
To be eligible for this programme you must:
- Not hold a University degree
- Be in a supervisory, team leader or first line manager position within the Foundation Industries
- Aspire to reach senior leadership in the Foundation Industries
- Not have access to leadership training programmes within your organisation
As this is a funded programme, there is a requirement to fully commit to the programme and, if successful, we will require line manager commitment to support delegates in their learning. The time commitment is up to a maximum of 4 hours a month for the sessions which will run for 12 months virtually. Beyond this, we would be looking for participants to act as an advocate for the future of the Foundation Industries, be a role model and mentor to others, and help drive change across the sector and beyond.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please complete the self-nomination form below and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline of 23:59 Friday 29th September 2023.
VOCATIONAL LEADERS – PROMOTION AND SELF-NOMINATION