Join us at Make UK, Birmingham, on the morning of 13th October for a special Birmingham Tech Week edition of our Innovation Policy & Practice events where we’ll be focussing on ‘Developing Innovation Talent for 21st Century Manufacturing and Engineering’.
The purpose of the event is to bring together regional and national stakeholders with an interest in tackling the challenge of ensuring we encourage a pipeline of fresh talent into the West Midlands manufacturing and engineering sector.
A huge challenge for the sector is its ageing workforce and the perception of working within this sector is outdated. With huge strides being made in the adoption and development of digital and emerging technologies, the sector brings new and exciting opportunities for the next generation.
This event will open a conversation on regional needs, levers of influence and models of best practice, to investigate how, as a collective, we might re-invigorate the perception of the sector and create pathways that both excite and entice young people to be the manufacturing and engineering workforce of the future.
- Make UK
- Digital Innovators
- West Midlands Combined Authority
- 09:15 Refreshments & Networking
- 10:00 Welcome & Introductions
- 10:05 Short presentations from speakers on activity (Make UK / WMCA / Digital Innovators)
- 10:40 Panel discussion on tools in our box and how we might use them as a collective to maximise impact
- 11:20 Summary
- 11:30 Close