Customs Declaration Service
If you make import declarations, you need to move to the Customs Declaration Service now, otherwise you won’t be able to import goods to the UK from 1 October 2022.
HMRC has created a declarant checklist to help companies move across to the Customs Declaration Service. It can take several weeks to be fully set up, so you need to take action now.
HMRC has produced a new video series to help businesses make declarations on the Customs Declarations Service: a set of 9 videos on the Customs Clearance Instructions for Imports covering:
- Identifying the declaration category
- Identifying the commodity code
- Identifying the procedure code
- Permitted additional procedure codes
- Identify the additional procedure code
- Additional information statement codes
- Specific document and reference codes
- Reviewing completion guidance
- Completing the customs declaration
There are also a series of YouTube videos produced by Government customs experts which show you how to subscribe to the Customs Declaration Service, use the service, and carry out an import declaration.
Further help and support
If you have any questions about the Customs Declaration Service you can contact Make UK’s own customs expert Keith Robe by emailing Brexit@makeuk.org