CBI Member Consultation on The Kickstart Scheme with Employment Minister Mims Davies MP – Friday 13th November 2020
CBI Member Consultation on The Kickstart Scheme with Employment Minister Mims Davies MP – Friday 13th November 2020 at 9am.
The event signing up page is Here
We are pleased to invite you to join us for a webinar on the Kickstarter Scheme to hear the latest update, as well as have the opportunity to feed your views and experience directly into Government. The CBI has been in close contact with the Department for Work and Pensions on the Scheme and we’re pleased that Employment Minister, Mims Davies MP, alongside other Department for Work and Pensions colleagues will be joining the session to provide an update and field your questions.
This is an open session for anybody interested in or participating in the Kickstart Scheme.
The scheme, which was first announced back in July, will fund the direct creation of hundreds of thousands of additional 6-month Kickstart roles jobs for young people at risk of long-term unemployment and will also include wider support for participants to improve their longer-term employability. It will give young people the chance to build their confidence and skills in the workplace, and to gain experience that will improve their chances of progressing to find long-term, sustainable work. For those looking for further information on the scheme, you can find our FAQ doc here.
More generally, will be keen to explore the following questions, as usual in a Chatham House B2B environment:
- What does the latest guidance mean for businesses engagement with the Scheme?
- What is the key information businesses need to know to commit to the scheme?
- How will the latest restrictions impact engagement with ‘Kickstart’?
- Other concerns or questions you have about the scheme?
We will be joined by members of the CBI People and Skills team who are leading on this area of work:
- Matthew Percival, Director of People and Skills, CBI
- Alissa Dhaliwal, Head of Education and Skills, CBI
- Nic Trower, Senior Policy Adviser, CBI